Thursday, February 9, 2017

A Conclusion for Delusion

This is my second action project for my Disease class. In the unit called “Mind”, we learned about the brain and how it is affected by mental disorders, as well as how it affects the body. For this action project I made a lesson where I had to convey how it feels to have the mental disorder I chose. Then I put it into action and video taped the lesson to post on my blog. My favorite part of making this action project was seeing all the different lesson plans because they were all really good. The biggest problem I had while making this project that I would’ve changed was figuring out how to get my classmates to feel the emotions I wanted them to. The problem I had was that it was hard for me to know how people who didn’t know anything about my mental disorder to understand what I wanted them to feel. I eventually was able to work with other people who weren’t in the class to try it out before I did my presentation and figured out what to do.

In this unit I learned from Dr. Royanne that, "mind and body are always connected and affect one another." The disease I chose is called Delusional Disorder. Patients diagnosed with his disorder believe that things that aren't happening are happening. The scientific definition says it is a condition associated with one or more nonbizarre delusions of thinking—such as expressing beliefs that occur in real life such as being poisoned, being stalked, being loved or deceived, or having an illness, provided no other symptoms of schizophrenia are exhibited.



Below is a video of my presentation on this disorder.




Works Cited

"Psychology Today." Delusional Disorder | Psychology Today. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2017.

Kiran, Chandra, and Suprakash Chaudhury. "Understanding delusions." Industrial Psychiatry Journal. Medknow Publications, 2009. Web. 09 Feb. 2017.

Wpadmin. "23 Fascinating Delusional Disorder Statistics." HRFnd. HRE, 13 Jan. 2015. Web. 09 Feb. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment