Friday, May 19, 2017

Cafe, the Play

This is my first ap for Drama.



Script:

Cafe De Romans. People are in the cafe talking.  
             The audience sees Paul sitting down drinking coffee.  Door opens. You see Michelle walk in.  Door closes with a soft bang.  She goes up to the counter to order coffee. Michelle looks around to see if a spot is open.  Nora walks in and orders coffee.

Nora:   Michelle, is that you? Wow! I have not seen you in forever.

Michelle:  Oh wow, hey, Nora how are you?



Paul:  Michelle, Nora, wow, what a small world.

(Michelle and Nora recognize Paul and go over to him)


Michelle:  Hey Paul.  I am doing a campaign and wanted to know, since you guys are here,  what you thought of it.



Paul:  Sure (Nora looks with hesitation but agrees to do so.)
End of scene 1

Scene 2 starts




         Scene starts out looking at the door where you can see there is thunder.

Then you see Paul, Michelle and Nora sitting down drinking coffee.



             Michelle pulls out some papers and hands them to Paul and Nora.



                                    Michelle

                       It is about if men and women should have different roles in society but have to same benefits to the same jobs. I think men and woman should have the same roles in society of course because we've been working towards equip rights already.


                                    Paul

                       You know I agree with you
I strongly agree with Michelle for many reasons. I believe in equality and Michelle brings up prime examples of ways we can make everyone equal.



                                    Nora

                        Well I kind of don’t agree with you guys



              (Nora says while moving her coffee cup around the table)



                                    Michelle

                        Why don’t you agree with it. I accustomed that you would have.


          (Cut to door rain has stopped)



Nora was not saying anything for a little bit, but then.

          

              

                                    Nora

  I think men should have a higher job than us, well that's what my husband says.

                                     Paul
Your husband sounds wicked.


                                    Michelle

That does not explain why you don’t want men and women to be equal.



                                    Paul

                       

Michelle is right

                                   Nora
Why are you guys disagreeing with me. I am right. Why are you speaking nonsense.




              (Nora shoots them a look)



          (Nora looked up at the ceiling, then back down.)

              


              Nora handing the paper back to Michelle



                                    Michelle

                        You are not even going to take a look at my campaign?
(Nora shoving the papers back to Michelle)



              Paul
Yea, I mean men and women should have the same benefits and be equal but not the same jobs.

Nora
Why are you guys against me, why.

(She says while pacing around)

Michelle
Nora I have patience for you don’t get mad. We are not against you but men and women should have to same jobs.

Nora
Yea but it causes conflict.

Ending

Paul and Michelle disagree with Nora

Nora
I am done with you guys! Don’t you see




No comments:

Post a Comment